Important Locations Jun 22, 2013 12:40:04 GMT
Post by Cheshire on Jun 22, 2013 12:40:04 GMT
Earth is a wasteland. Inhospitable. Vicious. Most people live in either Zephyr City, Coronet City, or one of the smaller settlements in between the two.
- The law is very simple here: If you don't get caught, you don't get punished.
- Said punishment varies from person to person, but flogging is quite a popular one, as is death, especially by shooting.
- If you have a big, powerful gun, you have power in this city
- If you have a big, powerful Mech, you have even more power!
- Zephyr City is comparable to a Shanty Town - Nothing is really built properly, and most of the buildings there are hovels
- Bars, clubs, garages and other such establishments are found abundantly in Zephyr.
- Places of education and offices are rare in Zephyr, and as a result, many people born there are uneducated.
- Coronet City, for a place built from scraps, as Zephyr City is, has a very clean feel. Most of the metal used in its construction has been polished silver, and many decorative plants and trees that survived the Domination War have been planted around.
[li]The law is very like the law of the Ancients: You have a right to a trial in a court of law, you are innocent until proven guilty, etc
- Punishments are generally quite severe, however. The stocks are a very popular choice for most petty crimes, and jailing or exile for more serious crimes.
- There is a battle commission here, where you can register to be a pilot, and fight others for sport. And, of course, a paycheck.
- If you can get people to back you, you will be powerful in Coronet. Provided you are a politician, anyway.
- Having a robot decked out with giant cannons might help your cause, if its power you want. Or it might just get you jailed.
- Garages for your car, or your Mech are reasonably common in Coronet.
- Offices, places of learning, and other such establishments are common in Coronet City, so the people born there are often well educated.
- Clubs and bars are somewhat rarer, although they do exist.
- Since people generally live with just their families or close friends, there is really no law to speak of here.
- Still, having a large gun, or a large robot will help you immensely. Especially against those who wish to do... Less pleasant things to you.
- Generally, Settlements will either be self sufficient, or close enough to a city to survive off of that: The earth may be blasted, but with enough effort, some things will grow.
- Unless they are situated close to a city, it's unlikely you'll find a club or a pub in a Settlement.
- You might find some sort of place of education, though - It depends on the inhabitant's ideals
- Dry. Hot. Dead. It's unlikely you'll find anything but wreckage and ruins here, but there must be some secrets out there...
- It gets lonelier and lonelier the further you get from the cities: If you break down, no one will be coming to save you, so no one really bothers. Even battles are relatively close to 'civilization'.